A sinful, healthy, super-rich, filled-with-dark chocolate treat every chocoholic ever dreamed of is here. This gorgeous brownie is simple to make and will fill you with sheer joy every time you dig yourself in it.
So, here is the recipe:
1+1/4 cup : Oats (coarsely ground for smoothness in the cake)
1/4 cup: All-purpose flour (maida)
3/4 cup: Sugar (make powder if it is coarse and then measure. I used powdered brown sugar)
1/4 cup: Cocoa powder
1/2 tsp : Baking Soda
3/4 tsp: Baking Powder
1/2 cup: Cashews (roasted and broken to small pieces)
a pinch of salt
50g : Butter
75g: Dark chocolates (chopped into small pieces)
1 tbsp: instant coffee
1 tsp: vanilla essence
2 eggs ( I used Flax seeds as replacement. 1 tbsp grounded flax seeds + 2.5 tbsp water = 1 egg)
- Grease your baking pan and keep aside ; Set the oven to 180 degrees C.
- Mix all dry ingredients in a big bowl and whisk together to pull some air into it.
- In a small bowl, mix flax seeds with water and keep it aside for 5 mins to let the seeds absorb water and become a paste.
- Melt butter in a pan (use double boiler method or melt in the microwave, but with caution. Keep inside the microwave in few seconds slots with continuous whisking so as to not burn the butter.)
- Whisk dark chocolate with the butter to melt and incorporate it smoothly.
- Whisk Flax seeds paste also with butter and chocolate to make a fluffy paste.
- Pour this paste over the dry ingredients and using your hands, make a dough like formation.
- Transfer into the baking pan and bake for 30 mins or until a knife comes out clean.